Sundowns is a Wirral based charity that supports individuals with Down's syndrome, their parents and carers. Since 2000 our committed volunteers have formed strong links with Wirral's statutory bodies on order to improve the quality and quantity of opportunities for people who have Down's syndrome.
- Sundowns provides support in a variety of ways: (some of our activities our currently suspended due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Regular News Letter to members
- Monthly Support Group Meetings
- Regular Information Events
- Social Events for the whole family
- Regular Workshops
- Resource Library
- Makaton Pre-School Signing Group (currently every thursday morning via Zoom)
- Teen Group Activities
- Respite Weekends for family
- Forest schools activity program [ dates to be confirmed ]
We help Sundowns family members enjoy a wide range of activities and events. We have links with Maternity Services at Arrowe Park hospital. Working closely with the maternity department to enable correct and informative advice to parents. Regular social events for parents and getting together with other parents is the cornerstone of Sundowns’ activities. Having fun, sharing stories, overcoming problems or simply just getting out for a couple of hours is really important for parents.
A family experience with downs syndrome
Hormones and Chromosomes Facebook Page